4 Things To Keep In Mind When Consuming Medical Cannabis At Work

Medical cannabis is becoming a more common treatment option. Employees who use medical cannabis may never need to use during work hours. However, some employees, like ones with a motion disorder, may need to use cannabis during their works schedule to manage their symptoms. If you need to use cannabis in the workplace, keep these tips in mind.

Vape, Don’t Smoke.

Using a vaporizer is a far better choice than smoking at work. Workplaces must comply with municipal bylaws and typically don’t allow smoking on their property. Also, smoking produces a much strong smell, which can be disruptive to others. Vaping produces an almost odourless vapour that is much more discreet. If you do need to use a vaporizer at work, work with your supervisor or the HR representative to find an appropriate on-site location to do so.

Consume, Don’t Vape.

Another option is to consume cannabis through edibles or oils. The major benefit here is it eliminates the need to smoke or vape in a public setting. Access to cannabis oils are increasing and in Canada there are a number of Licensed Producers like Tweed are now selling oil and other concentrates. Edibles are another option but dosing can be tricky. You should be comfortable with your edible dosing before using this method at work.

Keep it Private

If you need to bring medical cannabis to work, keep it private by using a scent proof container. The cannabis itself and any consumption device will likely have a skunky smell. Products like Smelly Proof bags are a simple solution to this. Your employer may also request that you keep your stash under lock and key, and products like LockMed are a good option.

Keep it Professional

If you are brining your medicine to and from work, you should consider bringing it in a professional and discreet bag. A work tote or briefcase should help avoid any undue attention.

This article orignally appeared on Civilzed. View it here.

Can we see some ID?

Are you of legal age?

18 yrs+ in Alberta or Quebec and 19 yrs+ in all other Canadian provinces and territories.